Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In the desert (mile 261)


I am now past the Cascades and into the desert. Pretty amazing how fast the climate changed from very cool and moist with snow all around, and a day later, its in the 80s and there are Ranches and all. Its very hot and there are not many trees to find shade. Right now I'm in Tonasket resting a little bit before hitting my next two passes. After Sherman pass, I will have few days of flat terrain cruising into Idaho. I haven't been able to figure out how to upload pictures off of my camera but I will definitely try to do that soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dan! It was great talking to you. Keep up the great work and try to keep your spirits up as well. You have already accomplished so much! What an amazing adventure. Call whenever you are feeling lonely and need someone to talk to. I love hearing about your journey and your thoughts!
Love,
michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dan! You do not need to describe me as one of your mom's old friends! All kidding aside, Kurt and I are glad to see you've survived your first major encounter with mountains. Rainy and Washington passes are spectacular but very tough. Good for you! Wind at your back and fair weather. the Buchanans

Unknown said...

Hi Dan,

It is great to see how far you have already traveled. I have been thinking of you often and know that you will reap the benefits of this journey for a lifetime . . .

With deep respect and love,

~ Dr. Chuck

merima said...

future dr. stein, keep your head up:) you're going to rock this trip, i just know it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to see photos and hear more!

Can't wait to see you safe at home!